New Groovin Rhythms Live Radio Stream

WELCOME TO THE GROUP OF MINNEAPOLIS SOUND N' FUNK FEATURING PRINCE

Wed, May 17 2017 10:50pm CDT 1
MASTALOCK
MASTALOCK
175 Posts
Welcome all to the group of Minneapolis Sound N' Funk Featuring Prince.
This group is for Fans past, present and future that are fans of the Minneapolis sound that Prince and Andre Cymone help create around the mid 1970's with there band Grand Central Station (that also Morris Day end up joining replacing Prince Cousin on drums which I will post more on another forum topic.) that later in the decade Prince introduced to the public the Minneapolis sound and took it from underground to mainstream with his touring band that his best friend Andre Cymone joined as his bassist, Bobby Z on drums, Matt Fink on keyboards, Dez Dickerson guitar, Gayle Chapman on keyboards which Lisa Coleman replaced Gayle when Gayle quit the band in 1980 which the band later part of the early 80's became the Revolution which Brown Mark replaced Andre Cymone on bass when Andre left the band and decided to go solo in 1981 and Wendy Melvoin replaced Dez Dickerson on guitar after the 1999 tour 1983-84. Prince also introduced us to the Time, Vanity 6 which became Apollonia 6. Artist like Andre Cymone, Morris Day, Jesse Johnson, The Family, Jill Jones, Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis, Alexander O'neal, Mazarati formed by Revolution bassist Brown Mark, helped kept the sound going which also I post up there albums on the groups wall and videos as well. I will post more on this an other topics regarding the artist of the Minneapolis Sound N' Funk.

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.